Ikeja Electric – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electric, Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Position Title: Lead, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Specialization: Litigation and Dispute Resolution
To manage and steer the execution of all litigation and dispute resolution activities within the company.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of litigation strategy and policy formulation
- Advise the organisation on legal matters including any civil, criminal, regulatory or labour laws that may affect IBEDC activities or employees
- Assist in the review of all the organisation’s policies to ensure that conditions of service are in line with applicable labour laws
- Stay abreast of new laws, regulations and legislation to determine their impact on the organisation’s activities or employees and make recommendations to the Head, Legal
- Act as the primary liaison with external counsel and ensure effective relationship management
- Manage litigation cases, manage the organisation’s legal exposure and ensure adequate representation is provided
- Deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing the power industry
- Deep understanding of Nigerian Company and Industrial/Labour laws
- Deep understanding of corporate laws, securities laws & capital market
- Deep understanding of the relationship between the mediation system and the court system
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first Degree in Law i.e. (LLB) and Bachelor of Law (BL)
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Relevant training from mediation and conflict management programs
- Membership of any of the following professional bodies is required: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- At least 8 years’ experience in a legal function with at least 5 years’ experience providing litigation and dispute resolution services in a top-tier law firm or in the utilities industry.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018