Position Title: Legal Counsel
The holder of this position reports to the Country General Counsel and must have the skills and ability to:-
- Draft, review and participate in the negotiation of terms and conditions contained in customer invitations to tender and in a wide range of contracts such as Engineering and Construction Contracts, Long Term Service Contracts etc.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and evaluating legal risks and developing risk mitigation strategies in order to protect the Company, its assets and stakeholders’ interests respectively.
- Provide legal advice to any and all Departments and Business Units in the Company on a wide ranging matters taking into consideration the specific business requirements and interests in order to help achieve the Company’s business objective.
- Provide legal advice and support to project management and other project team members in the execution of customer contracts, consortial contracts and to secure Siemens contractual rights and entitlements therein.
- Provide efficient cross-border legal advice to Company’s affiliates.
- Liaise with external counsel in any litigation/arbitration case and settlement process involving the Company.
- Manage regulatory filings by gathering documents, preparing and submitting documentation and applications, analyzing and responding to queries.
- Ensure corporate regulatory compliance as required under Nigerian Company Laws; coordination of all Company’s board and shareholders’ meetings; ensure the proper safe keeping and update of the Company registers, statutory books and corporate seal.
- Closely cooperate with local compliance officers on all legal issues.
- Ensure the prompt reporting of all mandatory and periodic legal reporting tools and obligations.
- LLB (Hons) with minimum of second class lower division from a reputable University.
- B. L with minimum of second class lower division from the Nigerian Law School.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Minimum 6 years post call experience acquired from a well established law firm in Nigeria and/or the Legal Department of a reputable company in Nigeria.
- Member in good standing of the Bar Association
- Energy experience particularly in the Nigerian Oil & Gas and Power Sectors would be an additional advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills with customer service orientation.
- Highly motivated team player, analytical, professional and proactive
- Inter-cultural skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word, excel and PowerPoint)
Click here to apply