A manufacturer and distributor of Medical equipment and consumables of top Chinese brands is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
Position: Logistics Manager
Job Experience: Minimum 4 years
Job Duties includes but not limited to:
- Plan, direct, or coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance Measurement systems
- Create policies or procedures for logistics
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or
- Direct distribution centre operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness
- Negotiate transportation rates or
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or
Required skills and Qualifications:
Ideal Candidate must possess:
- Minimum Second Class Bachelor Degree / HND in Business Administration or any relevant social science/ Supply Chain Management Degree, any relevant additional training or certification will be an
- Should not be more than 35 years
- Teamwork skills
- Managerial skills
- The ability to motivate others
- Interpersonal skills
- Logical reasoning
- Numeracy skills
- IT skills
- The ability to plan ahead and deal with unexpected changes
Method of application
Applicants should send their Applications, Cover letters and Resume/Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of the email and also indicate same at the top right corner of their CVs.
Submission closes on the 23rd February, 2018.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.