9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Manager, Health & Safety
Lead the Health and Safety function in the management of physical, technical and personal security, ensuring that EMTS staff and assets are protected. Coordinate the development and implementation of Health and Safety policies, procedures and standards to ensure all EMTS activities and operations are executed in a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Oversee the implementation of strategies for the provision of efficientand effective health and safety support to safeguard EMTS’s assets andpersonnel
- Lead and direct all activities relating to the creation and maintenanceof a secure physical environment for EMTS operations.
- Establish physical Health and Safety standards as regards EMTSstaff/personnel, asset and business relationships.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to Healthand Safety activities
- Continuously review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendationsfor improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensureenhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding and allocation toachieve the unit’s function/strategy.
- Establish relationships with key internal and external stakeholdersi.e. relevant agencies (Federal Road Safety Corps, Fire Service, HealthInstitutions, etc).
- Coordinate regular updates on health and safety policies and proceduresin line with environmental realities and innovation
- Review periodic regional health and safety report.
- Coordinate activities of health and safety officers ensuring optimalservice delivery and compliance with stated policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the monitoring of the effectiveness/efficiency of health andsafety regularly and proffer appropriate recommendation.
- Coordinate the analysis of health and safety information and developrelevant mitigating action steps.
- Constitute and manage crisis management team.
- Develop and ensure regular review and update of Health and Safetypolicies and guidelines in line with regulatory trends and company objectives.
- Coordinate the implementation of safety procedures fororganisation-wide operations covering: base station construction,installations, administrative offices maintenance etc.
- Organise appropriate safety training for employees as required tofoster health and safety consciousness and understanding of individual roles inimplementing EMTS’s health and safety policies.
- Implement the function’s work programs and plans inline with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources ofthe team/ function to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergyacross the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members andmanage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall teamobjectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of theunit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity andperformance reports for the attention of the Director, Business Partnering& Health & Safety
- Perform any other dutiesas assigned by the Director, Business Partnering & Health & Safety.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a relatedfield will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Six (6) to eight (8)years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.