Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions, founded in 1975. As a leader in platform and productivity for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, we believe in what people make possible.
The Interns4Afrika program offers talented young people a unique experience with a dynamic and agile technology organization on the African continent. You will work for 6 months with a Microsoft partner on real projects, collaborating and learning from your colleagues. Whether you’re aspiring for a future in sales, marketing or technology, this is your chance to kick-start your future.
The IT Technical Support track has four areas which are:
Azure Infrastructure, Big Data, CRM and Office 365.
Please specify which area you would like to be placed on when you are shortlisted. Kindly find a short discription of each program below:
1. Azure Infrastructure
The Azure Infrastructure Internship program aims to teach foundational knowledge
and skills to implement an organizational cloud infrastructure consisting of
virtual machines, virtual network infrastructures and application services such
as web sites and databases.
2. Big Data
Big data refers to managing voluminous data that can exist in a variety of formats
and locations, being collected and stored at great velocity. These three terms,
Volume Velocity and Variety, best describes the world of Big Data. The Big Data Internship Program aims to teach how to perform Big Data Engineering on Microsoft Cloud Services.
This internship focusses on the CRM components of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer
Engagement and Sales. It covers terms, concepts and many of the components that
make up the Microsoft Dynamics 365 system.
4. Office 365
The Office 365 Internship program aims to teach foundational knowledge and skills
on underlying cloud technologies as well as Office 365. This program provides
students with the knowledge and skills required to evaluate, plan, deploy, and
operate Microsoft Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies,
requirements, and supporting technologies.
Do not apply if:
– You are not a Nigerian citizen
– You have not completed your degree
– You have not completed your National Service
– You are employed
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU FAIL TO REVEAL OR DISCLOSE TRUTHFUL INFORMATION
World-Class Skills is about Microsoft’s plans to develop a self-sustaining, world-class education platform, both online and offline, to help Africans develop skills for entrepreneurship and improved employability and competitiveness. Microsoft, in partnership with the host organization, offer you a unique opportunity to kick start your career.
The Interns4Afrika internship program will provide you with a real-world work experience and new skills while working for a leading technology organization on the African continent.
A Technical intern must have:
• Computer science/ IT Qualification
• Networking skills
• Graphic Design Skills
• Web Development Skills
• Previous experience in a variety of server & Desktop based operating system
• the ability to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment
• the ability to multitask without sacrificing attention to details
• the ability to work effectively with other groups and teams
• the ability to come up to speed on new project areas
• the passion for technology
Main tasks and duties:
• Keeping log of connectivity usage, Liaising with Network Providers, Updating web contents
• Participating in Technical Readiness and Completing Technical Readiness Assessment activities
• Providing technical support as assigned by Team Leads on deployment Engagements
• Preparation of assigned Technical and Project Documentation
• Attaining the MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) certification at the minimum
• Provide technical support for the organization staff and this includes website and device maintenance
• Help customers discover, buy, use, and love the solution
• Acquire an Office 365 expertise
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies
• Analyse and translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Solve complex problems quickly and effectively
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: one month
Required skills: Database query languages (SQL, others); Troubleshooting; Written communication; Verbal communication; Customer support, CRM systems; C, C# or C++; Computer, laptop maintenance and repair; Basic computer maintenance; Problem solving; IT support
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018.