The Enugu State Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources in collaboration with Enugu State Focal Office, World Bank/Development Partner Projects, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for implementation of the Agro-Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Support (APPEALS) – World Bank Assisted Project, in the capacity below:
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Functions and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the State Project Coordinator respectively, the incumbent will be responsible for generation of project specific information on progress, processes and performance. Analyses and aggregation of data generated at various levels to track progress, process quality and project sustainability. S/He will also document and disseminate feedback and key lessons learnt to relevant users and stakeholders.
Specific Duties of the Position will Include:
- Implement monitoring and evaluation of results and impact of the project.
- Track performance indicators and develop operational arrangements for collecting, analyzing, and reporting project data feeding into the result framework.
- Develop Management Information System (MIS) for the project.
- Conduct impact evaluation and beneficiary assessments.
- Produce and disseminate periodic progress reports.
- Undertake relevant surveys as may be required.
- Assist the State Project Coordinator in the preparation of Workplan and Budget.
- Initiate Project M&E workshops and training for Project Officers.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the State Project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Statistics, Agricultural Extension or other relevant degree.
- Ph.D is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation of developmental projects.
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and research methodology, including skills in sampling techniques and use of computer software for statistical and other relevant applications;
- Ability to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability in report writing and presentation.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and addressed to:
Office of the Commissioner,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Enugu State Focal Office,
World Bank/Development Partner Projects,