The NCDMB Annual Oil & Gas Undergraduate Nigerian Content Essay Competition is organized by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board, and it is designed to promote the Nigerian Content (NC) initiative and create the awareness for Nigerians to build capacity to effectively participate in Nigerian’s Oil and Gas industry and develop the talent to create value from that opportunity.
Essay Topic: Building Local Capacities for Indigenous Participation in the Oil & Gas Industry: Imperative for Industrialization of Nigeria.
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in federal and state Universities and Polytechnics in the Niger Delta.
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of the essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Essays are to be submitted to ncdmbessay.com on or before 31stOctober, 2017. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- Manuscripts shall not contain more than 1,500 words.
- Current contact information including phone number and email address must accompany the manuscript. – as it is on the Essay Submission form
- (Already on the Essay Submission Form)
- Entrants’ names shall not appear on the manuscript (ESSAY CONTENT).
- Only participants who come out successful will be contacted.
- Scholarship Grants will be awarded as follows: N500,000 for first place, N350,000 for second place, N250,000 for third place. 4th and 5th places shall each receive N50,000. All winners shall receive laptops and other items.
- Essays will be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, Conformity to Contest Rules.
- Winners will be notified by the 21st November, 2017.
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s magazine, Local Content Digest.
- The Award and Prize giving ceremony comes up 7th December, 2017in Yenagoa.