Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Office Administrative Manager
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Office Administrative Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The Office Administration Manager is responsible for assisting the Director for IT & Operations with implementation of operational management systems, and will take lead on supervision of non-commodity inventory processes, management of physical office space, and project vehicles.
- He will be directly responsible for providing supervision to the operations logistics, office administration, drivers, and facility teams.
- The Office Administration Manager will ensure the adherence to U.S. government regulations and Chemonics’ corporate and field office policies in aspects of the administrative management and procedures of the GHSC-PSM office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Ensure top performance of office staff by providing adequate coaching and guidance, and facilitating training, supervising, and assessing employees’ job performance.
- Oversee maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; includes environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs.
- Oversee event and conferences planning, local travel logistics, office requisition and other administrative tasks.
- Assit in the development of a systematic strategy for the management of Office operations which includes office administrations and logistics operations for ht eGHSC-PSM Nigeria office.
- Overseeing the establishment and maintenance of a system for filing and archiving all relevant administrative systems and contractual documentation (i.e. communications logs, filing systems, etc.)
- Inventory Management of office assets in the Abuja Office and the Field Offices.
- Assist in developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office; ensure that results are measured against standards and best practice.
- Ensure quality assurance for all events and training activities.
- Ensure adequate planning and management of the Project staff logistics operation round the clock
- Ensure strict compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ standard policy and procedures at all times.
- Supervise administrative staff as assigned and provide routine performance feedback.
- Perform all other task as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences, or a related field preferred.
- Good oral and writing communication skills.
- Attitude to work as change agent that believes in a continuous improvement approach.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience leading teams
- Strong analytical skills with keen sense of discretion and organization management skills.
- Strong human relations skills, in addition to being proactive
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in English
- The Office Administrative Manager will report directly to the Director of IT & Operations.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Annual Salary Package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 267,802.00(Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 173,407.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 774,534.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 1,099,896.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of your annual base salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual base salary
Application Deadline: December 22, 2017.