Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Position Title: Payroll Officer
- To coordinate and administer employee rewards and statutory deduction/obligations
- Drives end to end processing of the organization’s payroll activities and month end consolidation – calculates employee salaries on a monthly basis
- Maintains and updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers, etc.
- Compiles summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, allowances and prepares reports for each pay period on quarterly and yearly basis
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Provides payroll information to relevant authority in accordance to company policies and procedures
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Degree in Accountancy ,HR
- At least 3+ years experience in payroll administration with relevant experience in employee tax (PAYE), pension administration.
Functional Competence Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing payroll software
- Proven experience with payroll processing – calculation of employee compensation, benefits, allowances, etc.
- Good understanding of payroll legislation and processes
- Good quantitative skills (basic calculations, analysis and accurate reporting)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)