LEKOIL Limited is an Africa focused oil and gas exploration and production company which currently holds interests offshore Nigeria and offshore Namibia. The company was established in response to the changes currently sweeping through the African oil industry – particularly the growing trend towards regulation and actions that support domestic participation in the oil industry. Our management constitution, experience and relationships allow us to capitalize on these evolving trends.
Position Title: Procurement Coordinator
Job Grade: G8 – Senior Staff 1
Reports to: General Manager, Supply Chain Management
Internal: Safety, Health, Environment & Security (“SHES”), Technical, Legal and Finance departments
External: Contractors and Vendors
Job Purpose/ Key Objectives:
The Procurement Coordinator provides timely and cost effective purchase of goods and services according to budget and requirement/specifications. The jobholder ensures that the Company Contract and Procurement procedures are adhered to and purchases are done through the Company approved suppliers.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Document and post procurement transactions accurately.
- Complete and close transactions on time.
- Manage procurement and allied risks working with department heads and teams.
- Comply with and ensure adherence to defined policies, processes and procedures, and good procurement practices across the organization.
- Comply with Safety, Health, Environment and Security (SHES) procedures.
- Assist the Sourcing team in the conduct of Request for Information/Quotation/Proposal (RFI/Q/P) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Communicate effectively with and maintain the highest degree of relation between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
- Ensure purchasing and supply of goods and materials in terms of quality and cost is in conformity with the operational and functional entities’ requests and accordingly negotiate the commercial terms in line with procurement policy and procedure.
- Implement and comply with the procurement procedure throughout the procurement cycle and ensure consistency.
- Evaluate and measure the performance of the suppliers in coordination with the end-users’ feedback.
- Ensure compliance of all contractual matters in line with legal, corporate ethics, regulatory, insurance, finance, tax, QA/QC, material inspection and HSE requirements regarding procurement.
- Perform and coordinate all activities related to procurement, beginning with the intent to purchase through delivery of various long lead items and equipment in either as purchase or rental.
- Manage and analyse procurement demands expressed by the end-users.
- Create sustainable techniques to determine commercial conditions which will best serve the company’s interests.
- Study and evaluate claims, amendments, renewals and change order requests in accordance with contractual obligations and advise on appropriate measures.
- Coordinate procurement to payment (P2P), following all approved and executed transactions until the vendor is paid.
- Create functional location and equipment records in SUN Material Module.
- Process all material transfer in the SUN Material Module.
- Implement and develop inventory and Material procedure.
- Identify circumstance that require SUN Workflows or financial movement.
- Maintain the integrity of all SUN master data.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory count across company owned/rented warehouses or sub-contractor’s yards.
- Reconcile actual contents of all project material on site and inventory module at least once per quarter.
- Verify equipment and reconcile on SUN master files.
- Adequately document any discrepancy resolutions.
- Compile Surplus Inventory Report at least once every six months and distribute to the Operations team for review.
- Follow up consistently until adequate disposition of equipment is received and identified equipment is sent to the applicable team.
- Warehouse and Vendor Material yard visit for inventory reconciliation.
- Contact suppliers to establish the status of a purchase order.
- Continually provide projects with feedback on the current delivery status of a purchase order.
- Notify project personnel of any potential “slippages” to the agreed schedule.
- Negotiate improved delivery / recovery plans when required.
- Update the procurement system with revised delivery dates when required.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied in to all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure.
- Regularly conduct regulatory self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations.
- Keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention.
- Attend local import and export training programs with local authorities.
- Report and investigate any process deviation to ensure continuous improvement on service quality.
- Participate in the selection of carrier for specified lane, considering cost, lead-time, carrier capacity, plant/ customer schedules, and warehouse constraints.
- Maintain and report all export and import documentations.
- Perform all other duties that are necessary and reasonably attached to this Procurement Coordinator position and the fulfillment of its responsibilities.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager, Supply Chain Management.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Transactions completed on time.
- Good relationship management (customers’ satisfaction survey -100%).
- Timely weekly report of expenses and spending in respect of major providers.
- Lowest cost for cargo handling and transportation.
- Optimized duty payment, in compliance with local and international laws.
- Compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Effective cost reduction/savings/avoidance.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management or relevant discipline.
Skills and Competencies
- Efficient procurement, logistics and contract management.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Relationship management.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and Interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ in Suppply Chain Management especially in Procurement, Logistics (Clearing and Forwarding) and Inventory Management.
- Prior experience in an Exploration and Production Company or an Oil Servicing company.
- Close attention to details
- Can multitask and work under pressure.
- Sound judgement; takes initiative.
- Proactive, creative, ‘can do’ attitude
Application Deadline: Not specified.