Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc Ikeja Electric, Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Job type: Full time
Reporting To: Purchase / Tender Administration Supervisor
Assist in procurement of high value materials, per the approval matrix; and equipment per central list of items
- Assist in procurement of high value materials per the approval matrix and equipment’s as per central list of items.
- Prepare consolidated items of purchase for the Annual Material Plan
- Prepare the tender notice to be issued in newspaper
- Assist in conducting pre bid (techno-commercial) meeting/ clarifying and finalizing specification, time frames etc.
- Arrange for core committee meeting for short listing bidders based on techno-commercial evaluation and thereafter for finalization of party after price evaluation
- Perform vendor rating and follow up with vendor for delivery schedules
- Undertake legal verification of contract document & settlement of disputes
- Review the drawing submitted by the party, supervise inspection of material and take decision based on the inspection report together with the Head Procurement &Contracts
- Prepare requisition for quantity procurement (Technical procurement to include critical maintenance materials for both Technical Services and Commercial – Cables, conductor, lines accessories, Overhead (33kV, 11kV & 0.415kV lines) and Underground (33kV, 11kV & 0.415kV cables) construction etc) for entire IE.
- Monitor storing of materials in regional stores
- Review monthly stock statements and take required action
- Maintaining Stores management information system
- Process the claims of the stolen assets (like transformers, conductors, breakers, etc)
- Monitor materials/requirements movement from store to store and from manufacturing end to work site
- Ensure timely realization of insurance claims from the insurance companies
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head Department of the company
- B.Sc / HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any other related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical environment
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Procurement Management
- Vendor Selection & Management
- Safety and Health Compliance
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Application Deadline: April 4, 2018.