Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
About the Role
- As a Product Operations Associate at Paystack, you’ll help define, operate and monitor the critical backend processes that allows Paystack deliver an industry-leading payments experience to merchants and customers.
- You’ll be responsible for designing executing operational processes around how we settle payouts to merchants, and how we protect the Paystack platform from bad actors. You’ll work closely with the Business, Engineering and Finance teams to establish seamless automated monitoring, data analysis, and reporting processes, and you’ll work closely with our Customer Success team to convert customer requests into usable data for enhancing the overall product experience.
- To succeed in this role, you must be data driven with an eye for detail and the ability to see things through. You must be empathic enough to care about how your work affects our merchants, their customers, and the rest of the company. You must actively enjoy figuring out solutions where there is no playbook, thrive while working under minimal supervision, and adaptable enough to take on new functions as the need arises.
- We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we’re looking to you to help build a solid foundation upon which we can support some of the continent’s best-performing businesses.
- And you’ll do all this while working extremely closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Product Partnerships Lead.
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Product Operations Associate for Settlement and Risk Management, you’ll:
- Manage the Daily Merchant Settlement processes, as well as detect and rectify any exceptions
- Conduct periodic audits of our merchants and internal processes to ensure we’re adhering to best practices and regulatory requirements
- Build and manage relationships and escalations to Processors and Acquirers for any risk-related issues
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop risk mitigation strategies for payment processing and merchant management
- Proactively gather and analyze large amounts of data, developing compelling, insightful recommendations that will drive risk mitigation
- Provide risk management expertise to scale product operations, feature launches and localization of our products across the continent
- Stay ahead of emerging regulatory changes and notify the team accordingly
- Train internal teams and key partners on risk mitigation initiatives
- Identify suspicious activity and manage the investigations until disposition
- Review reports and other investigative leads that identify potentially suspicious activity
- Investigate, review, and resolve anti-money laundering-related and economic sanction-related alerts
- Design and maintain a process for we report fraudulent activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities
What it Takes to Succeed in this Role
- Keen to learn and innately curious about all parts of the business
- Process-driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly – verbally as well as in a written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing
- Compelling and persuasive when you find a solution you believe in. Able to work across teams without direct authority and win the day with numbers, letters, and passion
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a rapidly changing environment and work product feedback cycles that range from one day to several years depending on the day of the week
- Driven to innovate, rather than being limited by what is there or has already been done before
- You have a professional, helpful, and friendly attitude coupled and are able to listen, teach, and elicit information efficiently
- You enjoy working in a metrics driven organization
- A strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An individual with exceptional organisational skills with a high level of accuracy
- An individual with excellent Data Analysis skills
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previously worked at fast growing internet startups
- Have previously worked in a fintech or payment company
- Competitive salary
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Housing assistance
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth.
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2018.
- When the page opens, please click the “Apply to Position” button (it can be found at the bottom of the page, or at the top right) to submit your application. Do not use the “Apply Using LinkedIn” option.
- In your application:
- Please attach your CV / Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter – your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
- Answer the accompanying application questions – there’ll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the application page.