Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
Position Title: Product Specialist
About the Role
- As a Product Specialist, you’ll be the first point of call for all for developers and merchants looking to integrate with and build awesome things on top Paystack.
- Together with the Customer Success team, you’ll drive Paystack’s growth engine by ensuring that businesses have a rock-solid integration, minimal downtime, and are making the most use of Paystack’s product to accelerate their revenue growth.
- You’ll work with literally every team in the company, and serve as an important link between departments to ensure that all parts of the company are working in sync to provide the best possible payments experience to merchants and their customers. You’ll have significant visibility into what’s happening across the entire company, so you’ll need to be a sharp, articulate problem-solver capable of the significant responsibilities entrusted to you.
- And you’ll do all this while working extremely closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Head of Growth.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Learn everything about how Paystack’s technology operates in order to be able to answer technical questions by clients of all skill levels who’re trying to integrate with Paystack. From business owners simply looking to get paid, to seasoned developers looking to build complex systems, you’ll help give them whatever support they need to achieve their goals
- Reply to inbound requests via email, Skype, phone calls, and Slack to solve client problems
- Develop and maintain plugins
- Manage Payslack, our Slack-based developer community
- Collaborate closely with the technical and product team to report bugs, recommend product enhancements, and generally keep the product team in the loop about how successfully real customers are using the product
- Write and maintain developer documentation
What it takes to succeed at this role
- Have a working knowledge of some of the languages and technologies we interact with most often:
- Can communicate simply and clearly in speech and in writing with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Are super organized and have excellent time management skills
- Have an endless capacity for patience and calm, even when everyone else is freaking out
- Are interested in learning all you can about how to provide world-class customer service
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previously worked at fast-growing internet startups
- Have experience working with payments systems in Africa
- Have previous experience in customer-facing roles
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2018.
Click here to apply
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- Please click the “Apply to Position” button (it can be found at the bottom of this page, or at the top right) to submit your application. Do not use the “Apply Using LinkedIn” option.
In your application:
- Please attach your CV / Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter – your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
- Answer the accompanying application questions – there’ll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the application page