Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
Position Title: Program Officer (Volunteer)
- A Degree/HND in political science, law, development studies or any other related social science discipline.
- At least 1- 2years of experience in democracy, governance and political-related work with an NGO, or other development organizations is a definite asset.
- Between 23 and 32 years of age.
- In-depth knowledge of political and economic issues and trends in especially Nigeria, Africa and surrounding continents.
- Solid understanding of civil society issues and familiarity with civil society networks, media outlets, political actors, and individual activists, democratic governance and thematic areas e.g public administration, rule of law, elections, legislative process, local government, civil society, gender and youth.
- Creative ways to strengthen advocacy initiatives related to democracy, governance, electoral processes and reforms
- Excellent written and oral English, exceptional analytic capacity and skills and the ability to speak and understand French will be of advantage.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent and extensive computer skills and high comfort level with computer research, database management, proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent coordination, networking and facilitation skills.
Application Deadline: June 2, 2018
Applicants should send an Application Letter, CV and recent passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org