Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
Position Title: Communication Specialist (Volunteer)
Who will be responsible for leading the Corporate Communications team in the execution of communications and media relations strategies, tactics and initiatives of the organization.
- Are a minimum of 22 years old.
- Have a Diploma or a Degree in communications or related disciplines.
- Display sound knowledge of the structure of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar, as well as good writing and speaking skills.
- Have a strong ability to tell stories from basic life experiences and narratives.
- Have demonstrated skills in composing, editing and proofreading the written language as a means for effectively communicating to a variety of audiences; often requiring creativity or objectivity and impartial reporting.
- Are able to maintain confidentiality, work with sensitive or proprietary information and exercise discretion.
- Are knowledgeable of basic computing equipment and software typical in a modern office environment. Knowledge in practical application of Windows OS, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience in media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods will be an advantage.
- Possess knowledge and experience in the social media and traditional media marketing.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Highly creative, innovative and can generate ideas.
- Passionate about development and young people.
- Self motivated and meets deadlines.
- Enjoys team spirit and collaboration.
- Tolerant and respectful of other tribes, religion and nationality.
- Open to learning.
- Zero tolerance for norm and routine
Application Deadline: June 2, 2018
Applicants should send an Application Letter, CV and recent passport photograph to: email@example.com