We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Africa we’re the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9,000 people in 34 countries.
As Senior Associate in Digital Risk and Cyber Security, you will lead controls assurance engagements for our clients and support the clients in their desire to improve their processes and control environment. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their complex Risk and Controls needs. You will provide value-added insights that help to improve system and business control effectiveness across various organizations.
Job roles and responsibilities:
• Lead Project assurance engagements.
• Conduct reviews on IT general computer controls, application controls and IT security
• Assist clients in identifying and assessing business process controls and linkage to IT systems, including complex systems (e.g. Finacle, Flexcube, Oracle ERP, Navision, SAP etc.)
• Assist organisations to improve internal controls; and
• Perform data analysis using ACL, SQL
• As a Senior Associate you will report to a Manager or Senior manager on most projects. You will also often have to work in teams.
• Experience in Quality Assurance and Project Assurance.
• IT Auditing (either operationally or by working as an auditor)
• Experience in project management or in reviewing operational controls or IT security and technology controls
• The successful candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral), the ability to deal with people across all levels of an organisation, a genuine interest in providing high quality service to clients, be commercially aware, show initiative, and be able to drive projects from commencement to completion
• Experience and enthusiasm relevant to our client services
• Business acumen and appreciation of the use of IT systems
• Good organization skills with influencing skills / leadership potential, Energy and drive
• Flexibility to travel to out-of-town assignment
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible to work longer hours if needed
• A team player with good interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills
• Intellectual curiosity
• Basic understanding of new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and/or other business fields of study. Minimum of second class upper
• 3 – 5 years’ relevant work experience
• Experience in the use of ACL / SQL
• Experience in the review of Flexcube. Finacle, Navision, SAP, Oracle ERP is an advantage
• Experience in the review of IT infrastructure (operating systems, databases and network systems) is an advantage
• Certification(s): CISA and ACCA Part Qualified (desired).