GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Position Title: Project Director
Job Function: Project Management
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
This role leads and directs cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined projects on time, maintaining budget and deliver quality results. Project Directors (PD) plan, organize, monitor, and oversee one specific Customer facing SPS Project to meet defined requirements. PDs are responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the enterprise project, for identifying key resources and providing direction required to meet project objectives.
- The SPS Projects PD is responsible for executing the project in compliance with QT-PRO-GLO-PRM-007 Project Execution Plan (PEP), adopting the principles of QO-SPS-GLO-PRM-001 Project Management Plan (PMP) and for setting the project execution culture.
- Successfully lead the execution of the Project to achieve Customer/GE O&G goals.
- Organize, manage and control overall project, both within the GE O&G organization and towards Customer.
- Ensure that project objectives, project schedules and budgets are established and followed and that the Contract is managed in accordance with Customer needs.
- Proactively monitor and manage safety, quality, reliability, qualification, progress and cost and initiate appropriate corrective actions as required.
- Establish a positive and aligned team spirit within the project by inspiring team members towards high levels of motivation/commitment
- Establish and maintain good professional working relationship with Customer.
- Ensure clear allocation of responsibility and authority within project team.
- Ensure correct resource levels are established and maintained for all elements of work.
- Be an active member of the Project Leadership Team.
- Ensure that the project draws upon the fullest functional support.
- Ensure that SPS Projects and PL processes are aligned so as to flow down client requirements into execution.
- Participate in the Contract Review process, assisting the translation of agreed Ts & Cs into project/sales orders. Ensure that all necessary project admin functions are established and organised in a way that ensure effective and safe execution of Scope of Work (SoW).
- Based on the Bid model, and in conjunction with relevant functional managers, establish the core project team. Effectively communicate Project Goals and Objectives within the local SPS Project teams and PL teams. Define project start-up priorities and instigate generation of plans and deliverable documents required by the project, using standard suite of PEP plan templates as a basis.
- Introduce and maintain an effective EHS and Quality culture. Identify and record all Quality, EHS, Technical and Commercial risks facing the project, ensuring these are recorded and mitigation plans are put in place and effectively executed/monitored.
- Manage Customer relations and external/internal interfaces.
- Establish the project cost model and invoicing/payments schedule. Generate, in conjunction with the designated Commercial Manager, all appropriate cost reporting templates and continually monitor, control and report on cost performance throughout project life cycle. Meet or exceed, margin targets as determined by the Business, avoiding Liquidated Damages (LDs).
- Throughout the project execution phase, effectively manage Customer instigated Change Orders, including their internal price clearance, submission and negotiation, implementation and tracking. Consolidate and negotiate internally generated Variation Order on behalf of the PLs. Ensure schedule, safety and environmental impacts of all changes (in addition to cost) and maximize opportunities for margin growth through change process.
- Provide a high level of professional leadership to the Project Team in order to meet all assigned program and financial targets, meeting, or exceeding, margin forecasts. Lead/develop project team, fostering Continuing Professional Development (in conjunction with relevant functional managers)
- Develop/implement procedures for reporting progress and issues in order to satisfy Customer and GE O&G requirements.
- Continually review Project Team performance against internal GE O&G standards, ensuring GE O&G requirements in terms of product quality, delivery performance, commercial targets and customer satisfaction are met/improved.
- Lead “Project close-out” process.
- Attend/lead Customer/internal reviews as per established calendar.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining Senior talent with subsea project management experience. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Degree in Engineering or Business discipline/or equivalent.
- Oil and Gas or other relevant industry experience.
- Previous experience at Senior Project Engineering level.
- Exposure to high capital value projects in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Capable of demonstrating competence and significant experience against all activities described above.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
- Proven track record in contributing to the improvement of project profitability, cash flow and control of commercial risk in previous roles.
- Commercially, financially and contractually aware with good communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial leadership skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence.
- Provide a high level of professional leadership to the Project Team.
- Initiates team building activities.
- Integration management.
- Continually identify/capture Lessons Learnt and drive closure.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Click here to apply