Platinum Careers has become a leader in international recruitment. Our wealth of wide-ranging experience in specialized recruitment allows us to offer the right and uniquely tailored solution to each employer, whatever their recruitment requirements. We combine our expertise in international recruitment with our deep understanding of the African markets and we harness this effect in order to develop customized HR solutions for each of our clients.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Project Manager
The project manager will be responsible for project managing our client’s solar energy project. It will be the project manager’s responsibility to ensure that projects are, Installed, commissioned and reported on to a high degree of quality and in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
You will be responsible for the overall projects including managing of sites, customers, stakeholders and contractors during the installation and commissioning phases. You will also be responsible for ensuring the project or program is a success in terms of customer experience, budget and timeline.
The project manager must have a genuine passion for delivering projects and products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Provide high level support to the energy products team during the sales and specification phase of projects:
- Management of certified installers of the project.
- Visit and evaluate potential project sites as required: which includes staying in Kano for a duration of 6 months.
- Meet with customers and contractors
- Create project plans assigning costs, timing and responsibilities.
- Residential solar PV installations.
Manage the installation and commissioning phase of residential projects:
- Prepare project schedules; liaise with customers, contractors and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered to the agreed timetable.
- Set expectation and holds parties accountable to the delivery of their work.
- Oversee deployments, working with multi-national and local partners and vendors.
- Ensure work of high quality meets local standards, best practices and our client requirements.
- Ensure projects are delivered to budget.
- 5+ years’ project management work experience.
- BSc /Hnd in related field
- Direct management of residential solar PV installations
- High level of technical and non-technical communication proficiency.
- Knowledge of local safety, electrical and grid regulations.
- An ability to prioritize and execute many tasks in parallel.
- Working knowledge of battery systems, renewable power, solar PV
- Manage Health and Safety matters; work with clients, consultants and contractors to develop appropriate safety plans and documentation.
- Ready to work in Kano for 6 months
Application Deadline: Not specified.