United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Position Title: Regional Control Officer
Reference #: RMD002
Locations: Yola North, Adamawa; Onitsha South, Anambra; Ikeja, Lagos; Onne, Rivers; Sardauna, Taraba; Wukari, Taraba
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Accounting, Administration, Analytics, Auditing, Banking, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counselling when required.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained
- Monitor and ensure that open items in GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded in them.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in Business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy amendments.
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area control manager, or responsible department.
- B.Sc Graduate, completed NYSC and below 27 years
- Minimum B.Sc Accounting (2.2)
Application Deadline: 23rd July, 2018.