Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH) was established by law of the Ondo State House of Assembly in December 2007. The University commenced academic activities on January 10, 2011 first from the take-off site now known as the Mini Campus and subsequently at the Permanent Site now known as the Main Campus. The two campuses are located in Idepe-Okitipupa and Igodan-Lisa, all in Okitipupa Local Government Area in the Southern Senatorial District of Ondo State.
Applications are invited from suitably and qualified candidates for the position below:
Position Title: Registrar
- Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualifications and Experience
- A candidate for the position of Registrar must possess a good University Honours Degree (minimum of second class lower) preferably in Humanities or related disciplines and must have at least fifteen (15) years’ cognate experience, three (3) of which should be at the rank of Deputy Registrar in a University or relevant institution of higher learning.
- Possession of a higher degree and membership of recognized professional body is mandatory
- The person who will be Registrar, given the complexity and scientific nature of the administrative processes of a 21st century University, must not only be a goal-getter but must also be able to show drive, exceptional initiative, great ability for institutional networking with the outside world and must have a suave mien that typifies a 21st Century world class University.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall be:
- A person of impeccable integrity and strong moral character with ability to relate excellently with staff, students and the general public;
- A person with an articulate vision for the development of the University in general and the Registry in particular, combined with a strong passion to implement the vision;
- Highly conversant with the intricacies and peculiarities of the University system;
- A person of good physical and mental health with pleasant disposition;
- Up-to-date in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills;
- A person of strong character, sound leadership skills and ability to instill confidence and engender trust in his/her members of staff;
- Devoid of any criminal record; and
- Able to demonstrate sagacity and wisdom in the face of crisis or undesirable situations.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
- The successful applicant will be placed on consolidated salary with relevant fringe benefits and will equally enjoy the allowances normally attached to the position of Registrar in Nigerian Universities and others as approved by the Governing Council from time to time.
- The appointment of Registrar is for a single tenure of five (5) years only.
Application Deadline: 11th July, 2018.
Forward the typed and duly signed Application with 20 copies of Curriculum Vitae to:
Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH),
P.M.B 353, Okitipupa,
- Please when the link above opens, select the “Job Category” of your choice to view the requirements, use the apply icon on the “Right” to start your application.
- The on-line Application, when completed and submitted, a unique identification number would be assigned to the applicant. This number should be written on the hard copy application to be forwarded to the University.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.