Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
Position Title: Research Assistant (Volunteer)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of relevant literature
- Design of the evaluation and development of evaluation protocol
- Review/update of existing questionnaires and other tools
- Review/update of respondents’ consent forms
- Request for IRB and local administrative approval from appropriate authorities
- Release of RFP for the evaluation
- Tracking of implementation of field work for the evaluation
- Tracking of the quality of data entered by data collectors (office-based)
- Develop weekly reports on progress of implementation of activities
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, public health, demography, or related fields;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative, think analytically, and come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Experience designing and/or implementing field-based research.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality documents.
- Flexibility and good emotional intelligence.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with diverse people.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, and Power point.
- Experience with SPSS, STATA, R, EPI-INFO (advantage).
- Experience working in the development sector (advantage).
- Ability to travel and work.
Application Deadline: June 2, 2018
Applicants should send an Application Letter, CV and recent passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org