Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential.
Position Title: Sales Finance Business Partner
Maersk Line Nigeria is looking to hire a dynamic Sales Finance Business Partner to join our team in Lagos.The Sales FBP will be responsible to take an active role in designing plans for improving cluster performance and objectives on cross functional basis. Ensure high quality analytical support for MWB materialization.
Work with CLT and in particular the Sales Managers to proactively improve performance and create alignment between the overall strategy for Sales and Cluster execution. Based on standardized MLOS data, act as a facilitator to analyse and challenge performance, ensure shortfalls in performance and 0pportunities for high performance are uncovered and that robust benefit tracking is in place. Take an active part in the virtual CWA BP forum thereby ensuring that best practices are shared and applied in order to constantly raise the bar for value adding Finance Business Partnering. Ensure decision making is based on robust data and is underpinned by logical assumptions.
- Sales Effectiveness: Analyse data on sales effectiveness in terms of sales call productivity and channel effectiveness. Review whether Sales focus and Sales Calls are directed towards the priorities in the Market Plans and sufficiently towards organic growth and acquisitions.
- Ensure Sales Executives are provided with the right and needed data in advance of Sales Calls and that risk flags across customer performance levers are made available and acted upon.
- Sales Essentials: Analyse, drive and review performance on key metrics such as Quality Sales Calls, Joint Sales Calls, SFDC data integrity etc. down to a sales executive level.
- Sales Coverage: Be the analytical anchor point for Sales Coverage reviews to ensure Sales team sizing/structure and portfolio setting is derived and executed in line with global segmentation and coverage principles
- Sales Incentive Program (SIP): Target setting, performance calculation and continuous performance updates to Sales Executives. Analyse the outcome for patterns behind high/low performance and use this to increase sales effectiveness.
- Opportunity and Pipeline management: Review and analyse strength of pipeline, flag gaps to trade priorities and Market Plan targets and jointly with Sales and Trade Managers derive action plans to improve performance.
- Ensure Customer Service are provided with closed won opportunities for proactive follow-up and that full visibility on opportunity progress is in place and acted upon.
- Sales Control performance: Analyse and review Sales Control and non-control performance. Take ownership and follow up on the budget and forecast performance.
- Commitment/Compliance: Review and analyse performance and facilitate discussions about corrective actions including that clean up exercises take place.
- White-spot analysis: initiate cross functional collaboration with TNM and Customer Service in ensuring opportunities for growth are identified and plans are done and followed up.
- Campaigns: Provide analytical support and assist in SFDC based performance management of the campaigns. Including deep dive on our ability to convert campaign leads into opportunities and campaign opportunities in loaded FFE.
- Performance management: of agreed upon actions to ensure that each action can be measured on a concrete outcome be it volume performance, campaigns, sales activity levels etc.
- MLOS: Responsible for providing the required data and analytics for weekly/monthly flow of MLOS including OPRs. Communicate performance throughout the organization using standard Tiger and global Reports to ensure everyone has the same understanding of Sales performance. Ensure standardized reporting landscape is in place and applied on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Boxi/FBR super user: Provide training and review standard report requirements/enhancements with Region and CEN. Applications TBD.
- SFDC super user: Provide training and review standard report requirements/enhancements with Region and CEN
- Best practices: Share and ensure local adoption of best practises across Clusters, Regions and Centre including cross-regional work assignments and acting as a focal point for Region and Centre standardization initiatives.
We are looking for:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Prior experience (minimum 3 years post qualification experience) within a business partnering environment, working as part of a business leadership team or in a consulting firm
- Experience of working within a Sales, Product or Pricing environment would be a clear advantage
- Proven ability to influence without authority and engage confidently with leaders at all levels
- Keeps head cool under pressure and can deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal savvy and an eye for finding common ground and addressing performance issues in a positive though firm manner.
- Has a visible drive for results, inspires others to strive higher and does not bind him/herself by functional and leadership level boundaries
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com will be a plus
This role will afford opportunities to work and communicate with multiple AP Moller-Maersk entities in different jurisdictions to enable you build global exposure and strong professional network.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2018.