Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning; HIV and AIDS prevention and treatment; malaria prevention and treatment;, primary health care system strengthening and Maternal, newborn and child health care. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck for Mothers, Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. At this time, we seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant positions, in response to organizational growth.
Position Title: Security Advisor
Reference code: SA-Abuja
Project: Subject to securing donor funding
Duration of Contract: Full time, fixed-term contract (six years)
- Enforcement of security policies
- Investigate crimes in the premises
- Ensure security of lives and properties among program staff within program facilities
- Monitor properties including electrical gadgets in the premises
- Monitor and supervise contract security company
- Ensure installation of appropriate security equipment in the offices.
- Provide security clearance and pre-travel security information to staff during official travel within and outside Nigeria.
- Obtain police permit for police escort and cover during long road travel and during special events.
- Interface between project office and contract security firms on security matters
- Recommend to contract security companies necessary improvement expected from the guards
- Must possess a first degree (B.Sc./ HND) in Management/ Social Sciences, or any related course
- Masters in Security and Criminology with membership of Professional bodies on security administration and management will be an added advantage.
- Must possess minimum of 6-8 years in security management and operations, previous experience in Military or Police or Department of Security Services is mandatory.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Deadline: 6th June, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page application letter (using the “reference position” as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: SA1@sfhnigeria.org Quote the “reference position and application code” as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should send the application, as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone number(s), e-mail address and contact details to the email address.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements. All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and task are subject to change prior to project start-up.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.