We are currently seeking to engage a Senior Accountant to join our team.
Previous experience of proper management and coordination of budgeting and management reporting with knowledge of best practices in Financial management and reporting will be an advantage.
- Co-ordinate the department’s activities and ensure compliance with the Organisation’s strategy and operating policies, controls and procedure
- Contribute to the alignment of the department’s activities with leading practices on an ongoing basis
- Co-ordinate the budget preparation, monitoring and control process, in line with agreed policies and procedures including;
- Develop, review and circulate annual business planning guidelines/ assumptions to all departments;
- Compile all inputs into the budget from all departments and prepare detailed budget for management review and approval;
- Analyse budget performance and identify and obtain explanations for significant variances;
- Make relevant contributions to Kerildbert’s cash forecasting and long range financial planning
- Develop and maintain a budget/ commitment tracking system for the various companies within the business
- Develop, review and update monthly, quarterly and yearly financial forecasts and ratio analysis
- Ensure timely generation of periodic reports for use by management for strategic decision making
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments to generate relevant and adequate data for developing management reports
- Monitor, analyse and report on the company’s operating costs and expenditure.
- Develop and implement cost control/ management strategies and system to ensure optimal utilisation of available financial resources.
- Coordinate the periodic review of costs/ expenditure, identify and implement cost saving measures.
- Plan, co-ordinate and control the financial analysis and evaluation of projects to provide relevant information for management decision making
- Develop relevant financial models and conduct financial analysis on the Company’s performance along defined indicators
- Continually review the department’s activities and make recommendations for improvement to the CEO
- First degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA
- Minimum of six (6) years cognate experience, of which at least four (4) years must be at management level
- Experience in strategic financial planning and analysis
- Extensive financial and accounting knowledge, including in-depth understanding of finance best practices, International and Nigerian Accounting and Financial reporting standards
- Good knowledge of the Logistics industry and understanding of trends and developments in accounting for logistics operations
- Competence in financial management and administrative functions
- Strong strategic orientation, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Possess high ethical standards and integrity.
- Excellent communication, business presentation, persuasion, documentation and analytical skills
- Intellectually sound i.e. learns quickly, good judgment, inductive reasoning and creative thinking.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018