Job Title: Senior Accounts Officer
The Senior Accounts Officer will assist in business planning and decision-making tasks by undertaking operational accounting functions including management accounting, preparations of accounting, financial and other statutory reports.
- Financial Planning: Assist the Finance Manager with the management, coordination of financial planning, budgeting, procurement and investment activities for RGS and its subsidiaries to ensure that all departments and organizations are fiscally sound and efficient.
- Budget Preparation: Collaborate with the Finance Manager to prepare annual financial budget, including operating and capital expenditure budgets, for Rembrandt Global Solutions (RGS), Best Mobile and Cephas Jewelers.
- Ensure approved capital expenditure budgets are adhered to at all times.
- Budget Implementation: Assist with the implementation of the operating budget to ensure its optimal performance. Advice on any variation as and when noticed.
- Financial Report: Assist the Finance Manager in the monthly preparation and reporting of management account showing the actual revenue projected for RGS and BML, balance sheet reconciliation, business performance analysis, financial recommendation, and advice for management in compliance with the company’s deadline.
- Tax Administration: Maintain and regularly update withholding tax deduction registers for RGS and BML. Ensure compliance and prepare all statutory returns, schedules of output VAT and WHT deduction by clients; follow up on collection of credit notes on same.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with all statutory and audit requirements as well as all taxation and legislative requirements at all times. Ensure certificates for statutory payment made (Company tax, Land use charge, VAT, Education tax, etc.) are obtained as at when paid and well documented for easy retrieval.
- Internal Control: Assist the Finance Manager to develop and institute an internal control/accounting policy that will greatly reduce cost, financial leakages and wastages.
- Records Control: Establish and implement effective and accurate procedures for custody and control of assets, records, and securities of RGS & BML; ensure safekeeping and easy retrieval of all financial records as at when needed.
- Finance Control: Assist the Finance Manager in analyzing financial data for deficient controls, duplicated efforts, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies. Ensure all noted errors are reported immediately to the Finance Manager.
- Account Reconciliation: Assist the Finance Manager to conduct a monthly review and reconciliation of inter-company accounts including reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers. Take remedial action to correct noted inconsistencies or refer such to the Finance Manager.
- Salary & Payroll Administration: Assist the Finance Manager with management of the entire payroll process of the company including seamless computation of staff salary in line with the existing regulations.
- Continuous Improvement Process: Identify and implement continuous improvement strategies for the company’s financial policies and procedures to further strengthen and improve the company’s overall operation and effectiveness.
- Bank Reconciliation: Undertake daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts for the company and take proactive measure to address noted variance. Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reconciliation report to the management for review and necessary action.
- Fixed Asset: Maintain and manage the Fixed Assets Register with strict adherence to “fixed assets register procedure”. Monitor and ensure prompt and regular update of the register as and when due.
- External Audit Structure: Assist the Finance Manager to ensure annual audited report is presented to the management latest by end of the 1st quarter of the subsequent year.
- Undertake any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Good financial analysis, reporting and management skill.
- Good communication and presentation skill.
- Ability to interpret financial reports for management decision.
- Good negotiation skill.
- Team player.
- Strategic risk management Skill.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Administrative & supervisory ability.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 4 years work experience as a Finance Executive in a medium or large sized reputable company is essential.
- Associate member of Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) or similar professional certification.
- MBA degree will be an added advantage.
Click here to apply