ARM Life is the Insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
Position Title: Senior Investment Analyst
To research into companies, financial markets & instruments with the aim of originating transaction opportunities and winning mandates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide information to the investment banking team by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Help facilitate initial public offers/public offers and private placements for clients;
- Liaise with SEC, NSE, NAICOM and other regulators on issues relating to issuance and registration of securities
- Maintain good relationship with top officers at SEC, NSE, NASD, FMDQ, NAICOM, CBN and other relevant regulatory agencies.
- Participate in corporate restructuring mandates to include its equity, debt and ease financial distress;
- Provide information and reports to assist clients make investment decisions;
- Generate income in line with individual and departmental financial targets;
- Direct research into service offerings, keeping up to date with current trends, clients’ business and proffer solution;
- Analyse data from in-house research or from strategy & research unit for investment purposes;
- Marketing the company’s product and services.
- Originate business transactions and follow up with prospective clients.
- Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Review financial spreadsheets and other reports to predict current and future financial performance.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations’ activities
- Carry out up to date research on the economic and political climate and other investments to determine the effect that these factors will have on a company’s performance.
- Prepare charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected revenues and expenditures of companies to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Any other duties or related deliverables that may be assigned by the Head of Department/Unit.
Qualifications and Experience
- A BSc degree (Economics, Finance, Business management, Mathematics & Statistics preferred) with minimum of 2:1;
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage;
- Professional qualification in CFA, ICAN, ACCA, CIS or any similar certification;
- At least 5 experience in investment banking operations.
Skills & Competencies:
- Quantitative analysis;
- Financial modelling;
- Creative problem solving ;
- Hard-working and diligent;
- Enthusiastic and quick-thinking;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Confident and comfortable with clients;
- Articulate in oral and written communication;
- Team players focused toward achieving group objectives;
Application Deadline: April 21, 2018.