9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Specialist, IT & Technical Audit
Conduct IT and Telecom audit reviews of EMTS Business/Operation Support Systems and IT & Telecom Infrastructure to evaluate confidentiality, integrity, availability, efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with applicable standards, best practices, and regulatory requirements and to appraise adequacy and soundness of related controls.
- Performs,individually or as part of a team, IT and Technical audits of the Company inaccordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditas set forth by the IIA, and department standards.
- Plansand executes technology audit projects (both IT and Telecom) designed toprovide assessment of internal control processes and operational performance,in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Demonstratea thorough understanding of the business and applies knowledge in operatingsupport systems.
- Preparesand reviews audit work papers and reports the result of reviews of assignedactivities and recommended management action.
- Possessesknowledge of the current technology environment and industry trends to identifypotential issues and risks.
- Preparesdetailed plans for performing individual audits including the identification ofkey risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development ofan appropriate audit program.
- Prepares,under minimal supervision audit reports designed to provide operating andsenior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with anobjective assessment of systems, processes and operations, and management’splanned corrective actions.
- Participatesin reviews of internal controls and security of systems under development aswell as major IT and telecom projects and initiatives.
- Assistsin the development and execution of a comprehensive audit plan based upon riskassessment, management’s goals and objectives, and the requirements of theBoard’s Audit & Risk Committee. Identifies potential audit areas, assistswith assessing the degree of inherent risk, and estimating the time and skillsrequired to complete audit projects.
- Assists inthe implementation of special projects or studies, including risk assessments,fraud investigations, audit department policy updates, due diligenceacquisition reviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Networking, Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Qualifiedas a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified InformationSecurity Professional (CISSP).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and othercertification specific to the information technology industry would be addedadvantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Three to five years post NYSC experience in Operational IT & Technical audit inan environment that provides exposure to sophisticated technology audittechniques, network security, technology infrastructure, software development,project management, or a related field for which Internal Audit has a need.
- Understandingof concepts related to technology audit, including security and control riskssuch as logical and physical access security, change management, informationsecurity, business recovery practices and network technology.
- Stronganalytical ability, including network and network systems design, capacityplanning, operations methodology, error detection/resolution techniques, quality assurance techniques, and implementation and management methodologies.
- Knowledgeof Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology, Accepted AuditingStandards, Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Demonstratescritical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstratesorganizational and leadership skills, including the ability to successfullymanage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstratesability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team
- Exceptionaloral and written communication skills suitable for all levels of management.
- Abilityto negotiate and inspire effective, timely, proactive or corrective action bymanagement
- Passionfor Excellence
- Customer Focus
Application Deadline: Not Specified.