Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support, primary health care system strengthening and Maternal and Child Health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Position Title: State Team Leader
Application code: STL-Yobe
Project: Subject to securing donor funding
Duration of Contract: Full time, fixed-term contract (six years)
The State Team Leader is responsible for translation, planning, coordination and execution of all project activities in the designated state. He/she translates policy and provides strategic direction as well as leadership for project activities in the state.
- Ensure proper understanding of all programmes and including linkages and collaborations for with other related intervention at the state level. Also, provide leadership in the development of state activity plans based on programme outputs amongst others.
- Lead on state level planning, budgeting, implementation, reporting, learning and reflection.
- Coordinate, participate in and support activities of project team members in the state and monitor properties including electrical gadgets in the project office.
- Support the staff in development of annual budget and financial performance targets and monitor budgetary management and performance
- Ensure judicious use and accountability of fund disbursed to the state.
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources according to the work plans and resource needs of all project staff focal person(s) and partners
- Lead in the collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, including Government, other Implementing Partners, and internal stakeholders within SFH to achieve project and organisational deliverables.
- Must possess a first degree (BSc/HND) in Medical and Health, Sciences, Social Sciences courses with Postgraduate degree in Public health or related field
- Must possess extensive field experience in managing programmes.
- Must possess on the job experience in leading community processes and management of resources.
- Must possess at least seven (7) years post NYSC experience.
- Must possess in-depth experience in developing, requesting and using technical assistance and other capacity building tools as catalyst to problem solving within institutional settings.
- Must possess Substantial experience and demonstrable success in designing, implementing and managing malaria control projects.
- Must possess excellent planning, coordination, managerial and organisational skills
- Must possess appreciable skills in the use of spreadsheets
- Must possess excellent facilitation skills and the ability to support entities to translate research to policy, and policy to strategic plans for implementation is compulsory.
- Must possess ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining focused on long-term deadlines and strategies.
- Must possess ability to speak local language in preferred state will be of added advantage
- Must possess good listening, communication, budget management and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and responsibility
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Deadline: 6th June, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page Application Letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: STL1@sfhnigeria.org
- Applicants should send the application, as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone number(s), e-mail address and contact details to the email address. Quote the “reference position and application code” as the subject of the email.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence.