Job Position: Tax Officer
Our performance ambition calls for us to create the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world. Integral to the delivery of this ambition is our ability to deliver growth and performance while maintaining the highest level of strong controls, compliance and ethics.
Nigeria is one of the key developing markets for Diageo with double digit growth expectations in what is a very volatile trading, regulatory and economic environment.
Purpose of the role
To ensure accurate and timely remittance of Taxes due from GNPLC, and resolution of related issues.
To ensure that Reporting activities in market are carried out at world standard level and all reports and reconciliations done are at a high quality level
To contribute ideas, energy, enthusiasm and support to the continuous improvement of the “Tax & Payroll” process.
Provide continuous support to the Tax Operations Manager on ad-hoc and routine basis.
• Prompt payment of all taxes due to the state and federal government in line with statutory timelines
• Reconciliation of relevant tax ledgers
• Collate documents in preparation for statutory Audits
• Processing of tax clearance certificates
• Processing & review of WHT credit notes
• Obtain evidence of remittance of statutory payments from relationship banks in line with Service Level Agreement
• Reconciliation/dealing with suppliers concern on WHT/VAT
• Participate in month end and year end reporting activities.
The job holder may be instructed by his/her immediate superior to perform all tasks directly or indirectly related, additional or supplementary to the scope of duties defined in this role profile.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree level qualification in accounting or related field with relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience with proven integrity.
• Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook, Excel, word and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge in accounting package – SAP
• Good communication and presentation skill
Click here to apply