Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and energy solutions of its customers. In 2015, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5 billion with approximately 18,800 employees.
The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. This position is located in Ewekoro, Nigeria.
Position Title: Technician – Mechanical
Job Location: Lagos
Position description -Carrying out Maintenance and reporting
- Do regular maintenance inspections and identification of defects, creating notifications for the same and taking corrective action.
- Provide support to Plant operations.
- Plan and execute daily Planned and Unplanned maintenance and take corrective actions on defects.
- Prepare Work request/work orders in Maximo
- Maintain all records pertaining to maintenance department in order.
- Follow & ensure all safe work practices and control within his section/team.
- Comply with all safety regulations. Implement lock out /Tag out.
- Ensure proper cleaning of the facility in coordination with operations department.
- Other assigned plant duties
You will be part of a global, innovative and customer-driven organisation working with cutting-edge technologies for the marine and energy markets. At Wärtsilä we constantly develop our products and operations and provide growth opportunities both for our customers and our people. Our goal is to create a good workplace in which all employees have the chance to show their best and develop further their competencies.
-Ensure customer satisfaction with job performance.
-Operations and maintenance Management
-Total Quality Management
-Safety & Environmental knowledge
-Problem solving and decision making.
-B.Eng /HND mechanical
-3-5 years experience in DF engine power plant.
Application Deadline: January 18, 2018