First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Position Title: Transaction Monitoring Pre-Review Officer
Requisition ID: 1800000F
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Job Code: STR/CO/0257
Job Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Team Lead, Transaction Monitoring, the successful candidate will be involved in process improvement activities and look out for recurring funds transfer to a single beneficiary or organization, to determine line of business and suitability of payment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Accurately identify red flag transactions.
- Conduct background check on beneficiaries at the point of Form M registration;
- Identify and ensure that requests for funds transfer to destinations with sanctions are promptly declined;
- Ensure independent confirmation of genuineness of documents as recommended by CBN.
- Candidates vying for the Transaction Monitoring Pre-Review Officer role must possess 5-10 years’ experience in foreign banking operations and have in-depth knowledge of AML and KYC.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Self-solution driven attributes, proactivity and an acceptable knowledge of the business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills