Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
Position Title: Treasury Manager, Analysis
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Treasurer
Guinness Nigeria plc operations are fully integrated supply and demand units and include 3 production sites, producing and selling alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages (beer, RTD & Malt drinks and Spirits). The Treasury Manager, Analysis will provide in-depth analysis to enable management make informed decisions on efficient allocation of financial resources towards achieving the group’s objectives. He / she will also support the team in the development and implementation of innovative treasury solutions. To achieve the group’s objectives, Diageo Africa is totally committed to regional treasury management and promotion of best practices across the market in accordance with CARM requirements.
Purpose of the role
- Partner with Sales Function and support to enhance working capital and infrastructure financing for distributors and provide timely information to banks as may be required from time to time
- Support in enhancing financing arrangements for other partners e.g. transporters, millers and other category of suppliers
- Dividend proposals and update of dividend tool, follow up with payments of dividends and WHT on dividends
- Evaluation of Logistics agents contracts and invoicing, setting up of relevant tripartite with banks
- Support on bank operations – completeness of bank mandates and relationship management
- Prepare relevant month end journals
- Co-ordination of Treasury projects and external engagements (Fund Managers, Financial advisors, Rating Agencies etc.)
- CARM compliance testing
- This role operates in the Nigeria markets context and has significant impact on the business requiring self-drive, management and dealing with a lot of uncertainty.
- The Treasury Manager, Analysis is required to play a significant role in the Nigeria and sub regional market to ensure that the functional / business objectives / goals are achieved.
- Working on analytical models that will aid efficient allocation of financial resources across the markets.
- Display effective interpersonal skills and manage relationship with key stakeholders with different background, culture, language and understanding.
- This is a significant role requiring flexibility of different styles and skills in dealing with different stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Clearly communicate ideas and insights, driving them and demonstrate their business value creation potentials.
- Understanding of the global financial market.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- 5 years’ experience of financial and/or management accounting in an FMCG company.
- Experience with SAP and Magnitude would be an added advantage
- Excellent project management skills working with cross-functional teams and demonstrable experience of establishing credibility, influencing and working at senior management levels
- Self-starter, high commitment, delivers against goals with minimal supervision – ability to hit the ground running
- Able to effectively influence through peers / senior management and to manage different stakeholders
- Clear and succinct communicator both culturally aware and adaptable
- Able to lead others through personal impact across organization.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.