Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Position Title: User Experience/User Interface Designer
Job ID: 30308
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Information Technology and Services
- To create amazing user experiences using clean, clear and artful designs with superior UI methods.
- To translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces across web applications and Mobile apps (including tablets) on multiple platforms (iOs, Android, Web Apps)
Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences:
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
Collaborate with business analysts and solutions developers to define and implement innovative solutions:
- Create clean and elegant UI while maintaining and an intuitive and concise UX Participate actively in discussions, presentations and decisions about UI/UX
- Collaborate with the stakeholders, the users, the build team and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art user experiences
Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features:
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs Design and manage style guidelines between mobile and desktop
- Act as the impulse by providing clear guidance to the team’s questions
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a First Degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Human-computer Interaction.
- Relevant additional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Advanced Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
Application Deadline: March 5, 2018.