We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Van Sales Representative
Location: Abule Egba, Lagos
- To increase our brands market share at POS (Point of Sales) level by building excellent business relationships at store and ensuring qualitative in-store presence of our brands, by introducing innovations within the set timeframe ensuring maximum availability and by taking immediate action on Out of Stock.
To develop sales plans:
- Accept monthly sales target from KDM (Key Distributor Manager) agreed by the FSM (Field Sales Manager).
- Develop daily sales plan with the objective to review daily achievement and whether or not necessary to carry forward today’s target to the following day.
- Record allocated products, promotional items and any stock shortage to be reported to KDM.
To Perform Selling:
- Check and prepare selling tools i.e. android, promotional materials
- Adherence to PJP when calling outlets
- Check delivery of goods (particularly van salesman)
- Call on shops as scheduled in PJP.
- Order booking as per POP potential (Foot Soldiers)
- Ensure achievement of Sales Value & FCS (Field Capability Score) targets (Bill productivity, Effective Coverage, LPPC)
- Collect payment for last invoice (sales on credit) and the day’s sales.
- Count the sales of the day.
- Deposit the day’s sales proceeds to the cashier and specify the payment method (by Cash).
- To offer products that shop owner has never carried before.
Achieves Coverage Target:
- To identify whether there are new shops and note them down.
- To again call on shops in line with PJP which have not ordered for three weeks.
- To report to KDM regarding non buying shops.
- Collections (when credit is extended to the POP)
- Use credit as per policy to increase sale.
- Deposit daily collections with appropriate details with the cashier.
- Assist in stock rotation at POP by ensuring FIFO (First in First out) system
- Ensure basic merchandizing in the POP.
- Provide feedback on Merchandizing
- Recommend shops for display participation to KDM
- Build and maintain cordial business relationship with trade.
- Listen to all shop owners’ complaints and notes them down if need be.
- Attend to trade grievance.
Records and Reports:
- Record store wise order in LEVEREDGE or Pre-printed invoice/ bill book.
- Record all products ordered by shop owner in LEVEREDGE and offer additional order for low availability items.
- Ensure entry of POP wise purchase in LEVEREDGE as per Route of the day.
- Update entry in Team Board.
- Maintain record of credit to trade.
- Maintain other records and reports as advised by KDM.
- Settle all the day’s sales and download sales summary from the ANDROID to the ERP
Convey Corporate Message to Shops:
- Convey corporate message to shops.
- Observe and note competitors’ sales activities.
- Collect information on competition & Communicate to KDM
- Communicate product features and benefits to trade
- Communicate & seek trade assistance to reduce damage returns.
- Male or Female. 18 – 35 years old.
- Able to read and write in simple English. Good in simple arithmetic. i.e. add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Preferably a locale of the area that speaks the language and has a good understanding of the local customs.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Must reside within Abule Egba area of Lagos State
- Good selling skills
- Good coordination & team skills
- Achievement oriented & high on commitment
- Good relationship management
- Basic Analytical, mathematical & reasoning skills
- Good communication skills – proficient in local dialect.
- Spoken English is an added advantage
- Stays with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is achieved
- Asserts himself reasonably to influence others
- Ability to identify trade needs and build a sales call accordingly
- Ability to probe and understand competitor activity in his markets
- Ability to sell to customer’s potential.
Monthly Salary + Commission.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2018.