British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Position Title: Warehouse Assistant
Job Number: 2654
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- He shall be responsible for proper handling of all stocks movements and also ensure production machines do not lack any required materials
- He shall have the ability to identify good materials at their right quantity for production
- Shift working will be a feature of the job
- The main challenge for this role lies in ensuring good knowledge of Materials, Leaf and finished goods so that he/she will be able to interpret material specification sheets and finished product code so that any mistake can be identified easily.
- Provide basic store functions of receipts, storage and supplying of materials under supervision.
- Ensure under supervision the security and proper storage of company stock.
- Store stocks in well-demarcated places within the agreed incidence of stock misplacement.
- Participate in stock cycle count.
- All issues and receipts to be posted accordingly.
- Ensure that the procedure for accepting incoming materials and its supplies for production are adhered to.
- No damage or pilferage resulting from negligence or improper security or poor handling.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the stores at all times.
- Ensure gangways are clear for movement of stocks.
- All updated reports are compiled and made available on the due date.
- Minimization of costs through effective use of resources.
- Proper records of all receipts and issues.
- Participate in regular spot checks on stocked items on daily basis.
- Ensure that the method of First in First out (FIFO) is strictly adhered to.
- Daily posting of material supplied on the system database module.
- Ensure Self Development by improving knowledge of the other roles in the department.
- Ensure development and implementation of Training & Development plans for self as agreed with his supervisor/manager.
- Provision of required information/data as required by the superiors.
- Minimization of cost through effective use of resources.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the warehouse at all time.
- Ensure that accurate daily stock reports are sent out to all stake holders on time.
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, Secondary Manufacturing Department (SMD), Primary Manufacturing Department (PMD) and Engineering department.
- Maintain good working relationship with our external supplier.
- Provide ways of ensuring warehouse process are followed with less difficulty.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the warehouse processes.
- A minimum of an OND in any numerical or financial courses. In addition to this, a good knowledge of computer will be an advantage.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Sound Analytical skills and ability to work with figures.
- Ability to work under pressure and with less supervision.
- Computer literacy sufficient to be able to perform all physical transactions in the system and sending of daily reports.
- Experience in use of material handling equipment e.g. forklift.
- Experience in an FMCG handling large number of SKUs preferably with a manufacturing organization sufficient to demonstrate understanding of products will be added advantage
- Ensuring that accuracy data are captured and sent out to avoid unplanned costs.
- Keeping all parties updated on issue that may affect production.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.