The Admiralty University of Nigeria was established as a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) through the joint efforts of Nigerian Navy Holdings (a subsidiary organization of the Nigerian Navy) and Hellenic Education Nigeria – (a private consultancy, with international educators as main partners).The objectives of the University are: to expand the frontiers of knowledge in various academic disciplines, in Nigeria; to use University education as a tool towards development and the enhancement of human welfare; to meet the challenges of nation building in Nigeria; and to address the acute shortage of personnel in various sections of the economy in Nigeria. As part of its declared National Policy on Education, the Federal Government of Nigeria hopes to provide education to all citizens. At the tertiary level, as with all levels, the Government has solicited and encouraged private participation to reduce its burden of educating all Nigerians. It is in heed to this national call and in tandem with their own goals and aspirations that the above mentioned education partners have established this new University.
The Admiralty University of Nigeria is seeking to recruit dynamic and high calibre professionals for a number of Academic and Administrative vacancies.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill Full-Time, Part-Time and Daily Part-Time vacancies.
Position Title: Web Master & SEO Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Graphic Art, or related field.
- Two years of professional webmaster or web maintenance experience.
- In depth knowledge of, and experience designing with Drupal and or WordPress.
- ML, including internet related software and other contemporary browser API’s.
- In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Experience working with stakeholders to convert their business needs into solutions.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to the changing technologies in web development.
- A good eye for graphic design principles.
- Excellent skills in understanding and defining information design and the presentation of content to the viewer.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to follow directions, organise, prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines, with attention to detail.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of web standards-Section508 or WCAG 2.0, usability-accessibility standards, and related experience using tools for testing web sites for accessibility standards compliance.
- Knowledge of front-end website performance optimisation.
- Webmasters must have knowledge of programming languages, operating systems and
- Internet applications. They must be familiar with and be able to execute Web design, programming and development, and understand the requirements of standards bodies such as the World Wide Web Association.
- Ability to manage different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Related work experience at a university setting.
How to Apply
To apply, it is essential that your Application consists of:
- A Cover Letter (maximum one single-sided A4 page) noting your personal and contact details and specifying the position(s) you are applying for;
- Your curriculum vitae (maximum 2 single-sided A4 pages) outlining your academic and professional qualifications as well as your work experience in reverse chronological order with your current, or most recent job, first; and
- A narrative (maximum 4 single-sided A4 pages) as to how you match the requirements noted under the Job Description
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by 14:00 hours on the 28th February 2018 as no late submissions will be considered.
Please note that the above job descriptions are not exhaustive. Kindly visit http://adun.edu.ng/vacancies/vacancies-administrative/ for more information.