Position Title: Account Executive
Our client is a licensed and well established insurance brokerage and consulting company with headquarters in the South-South region, and business offices in key business centres in Nigeria.
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State (applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt)
- Generate invoices and credit notes
- Reconcile accounts receivable subsidiary ledger with general ledger
- Maintain aged debtors’ trial balance within policy thresholds and follow up customers with outstanding balances
- Prepare debtor lists and contact clients in order to procure outstanding payments
- Liaise with section managers; follow up with outstanding debtors.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers
- Banking duties as required
Accounts payable and inventory
- Data entry of vendor invoices
- Maintenance of inventory data base
- Generate vendor payments as required
- Reconciliation of petty cash
- Assist with processing of credit reconciliations
- Prepare month-end reconciliations, journals, accruals and pre-payments, to trial balance
- Prepare month-end sales & assist with management reporting as necessary
- Assist with payroll preparation as at when due.
- Prepare, check and reconcile payroll reports to ensure accuracy of processing.
- Provide high quality, prompt advice to staff on finance policies, processes and queries.
- Other administrative and accounts duties as assigned from time to time.
Education, Skills & Attributes
- HND/BSC in accounting (not a chartered accountant)
- 3– 5 years work experience in similar position
- MUST have knowledge of account payable & receivable, taxes and payroll processing
- Must have good IT Skills
- Must be able to work with accounting software
- Must be very good with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and attention to detail in a busy, changing work environment .
- Ability to plan and organise work schedule and work within tight timelines
- Cultivates productive working relationships by actively participating in teamwork and group activities.
- Displays personal drive and integrity working as directed to achieve work objectives
- Salary is N120, 000 /M
- ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘AE- PHC’ as subject of mail before 18th August, 2017.