SIFAX Group is a big conglomerate, with diverse investments in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage, Logistics, Oil & Gas, Financial Services and Hospitality, among others. It operates globally with presence in the United States, United Kingdom, Ghana, South Africa, Holland, Belgium, Morocco, Spain and Djibouti.
Position Title: Account Officer (Account Payable)
- Maintaining accounting ledgers, making sure all vouchers, invoices and contract documents are duly approved and pre-audited before payment
- Liaise properly with Procurement and Store departments to ensure that required steps are followed on the ERP for proper record of assets and store items.
- Maintains proper record of all statutory payment for prompt remittance.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, recording entries.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statement and related transactions
- Ensure accurate posting of entries to various ledger accounts on daily basis.
- Computes and remit monthly staff pension for all companies in the Group.
- Monitors and retire all cash advances collected by staff in all subsidiaries.
- Monitor and update the fixed assets schedules for all subsidiaries and maintains depreciation ledger of all subsidiary assets.
- Performs any other functions as may be assigned from time to time
- B.Sc./HND Accounting or Related discipline
- Relevant professional certification (ICAN, ACCA etc.) is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of practical experience in accounting functions.
- Very good computer skill (Microsoft Office), Proficiency in Financial ERP or any robust accounting software.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to explain technical accounting issues
- Good team player, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated competencies for accuracy, attention to detail, integrity and update knowledge of guiding principles and standards.
Send cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Application closes Wednesday, June 19, 2019