SIFAX Group is a big conglomerate, with diverse investments in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage, Logistics, Oil & Gas, Financial Services and Hospitality, among others. It operates globally with presence in the United States, United Kingdom, Ghana, South Africa, Holland, Belgium, Morocco, Spain and Djibouti.
Position Title: Account Officer (General Ledger/Posting)
- Maintains general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for accruals and variances
- Performs accounting analysis for accruals, prepayments, accounting payables, account receivables, reconciliation and foreign exchanges
- Ensure all vouchers and approved contract documents are coded correctly before posting, clearly stating accounts to be debited or credited alongside cost or profit centers.
- Reconciles ledger accounts and revenue accounts
- Reviews General Ledger accounts to ensure entries made therein are correct and reliable.
- Performs month-end accounting closing activities & reconciliations and review financial reports to identify and explain variances
- Posts all items of direct transfer, recurring journal for all subsidiaries in the group
- Maintain proper records of all receipts processed in receivable accounts and reconcile with credit control
- Reconcile intercompany payable and receivables and prepares reports therefrom
- Maintain asset registers and post monthly depreciation for all company’s in the group
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and periodic management reports
- Performs any other functions as may be assigned from time to time
- B.Sc./HND Accounting or Related discipline
- Relevant professional certification (ICAN, ACCA etc.) is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of practical experience in accounting functions.
- Very good computer skill (Microsoft Office), Proficiency in Financial ERP or any robust accounting software.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to explain technical accounting issues
- Good team player, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated competencies for accuracy, attention to detail, integrity and update knowledge of guiding principles and standards.
Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes Wednesday, June 19, 2019