SIFAX Group is a big conglomerate, with diverse investments in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage, Logistics, Oil & Gas, Financial Services and Hospitality, among others. It operates globally with presence in the United States, United Kingdom, Ghana, South Africa, Holland, Belgium, Morocco, Spain and Djibouti.
Account Officer (Reconciliation: Bank, Intercompany & Customer/Vendors accounts)
- Reconcile bank statement with entries in the bank ledger on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and present the reconciliation reports
- Identify, follow up and investigate unreconciled transactions or discrepancies to enable prompt resolutions.
- Complete the bank reconciliation in accordance with the established timetable and ensure full documentation of reconciling items
- Liaising regularly with various bank account officers on issues relating to direct debits, standing orders, unidentified credits and charges from time to time.
- Monitors the deduction on loan and facilities with various banks and reconciling with terms and conditions in of the offer.
- Ensures the charges on transactions are in compliance with relevant CBN regulations to forestall excessive charges
- Maintain appropriate files, reports and documentation for reference.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of intercompany transactions and prepare an appropriate report
- Carry out reconciliation of customers and vendors ledger on a monthly basis.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- B.Sc./HND Accounting or Related discipline
- Relevant professional certification (ICAN, ACCA etc.) is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of practical experience in accounting functions.
- Very good computer skill (Microsoft Office), Proficiency in Financial ERP or any robust accounting software.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to explain technical accounting issues
- Good team player, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated competencies for accuracy, attention to detail, integrity and update knowledge of guiding principles and standards.
Send cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com
Application closes Wednesday, June 19, 2019