Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria.
Position Title: Accountant
The accountant performs a broad scope of accounting activities requiring experienced, specialized knowledge and prior application of accounting principles and practices.
The accountant analyses activity for trends and produce accurate and timely financial statements and other required reports. The accountant will establish healthy financial relationships between the company and its clients or shareholders, partners, and creditors.
The accountant demonstrates and adheres to the company values of safety, honesty, ownership, respect and teamwork to ensure successful partnership with customers and employees that result in the company’s continued success.
- Regularly prepare, develop and analyze standard/non-standard accounting reports and statements.
- Reflecting detailed financial data, forecasts and budget variances.
- Process payroll redistributions.
- Issue invoices to customers; issue monthly customer statements; update and maintain customer files.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Report to the accounting manager the finances of the organization.
- Develop, implement, modify and document records and accounting systems.
- Establish records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts.
- Ensures accurate data is provided in a timely and effective manner for management visibility of program financial health.
- Responsible for VAT and other tax reporting, filing and reconciliation.
- Preparation of payment reports in all currencies.
- Check payments in the bank.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Analyse business operations, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Support the planning and budgeting team during the planning and budgeting processes by compiling ad-hoc reports and schedules.
- Assist with audits.
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes
- Create detailed narratives of all procedures and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal quality controls.
- Be the go-to-person for all accounting related issues/questions.
- Check payments in the bank.
- Perform an administrative follow-up of the processes.
- Provide telephone and logistical support.
- Process various vendor and employee related expenses
- First Degree or HND With Second Class or Upper Credit or Master’s Degree or MBA.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance and Public Administration.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
- ICAN Membership
- Six or more years of experience.
EXCEPTIONAL KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, Cost Accounting and Cost Control Principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Financial and Federal Accounting Standards,
- Cost Accounting Standards
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Analysis.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Ability to execute and follow through on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able and willing to communicate effectively with various internal and external partners at various levels
- Great organizational skills.
- Great team player.
- Numeracy skills.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills (Data Filters; Data Sorting; Pivot Tables; and advanced functions such as IF, SUMIF/SUMIFS, COUNTIF/COUNTIFS, VLOOKUP)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to display initiative.
- Ability to display flexibility.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to handle stress
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position applied for in the mail subject line.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.