The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) has been implementing the international Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)- assisted Value Chain Development Programme since 2014 in six (6) participating States of Anambra, Benue Ebonyi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba and in five (5) Local Government Areas each in all the States. In keeping with the provisions of the financing agreement between IFAD and Federal Ministry of Finance, the FMARD is implementation the programme through the national programme management unit.
Based on the progressive increase in workload of Staff and the need to further improve on Programme implementation, part of the credit will be applied to engage the services of an additional officer to enhance technical assistance at the state level.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Niger, Ogun, Taraba
- The primary goal of VCDP is to reduce poverty and sustainably enhance accelerated economic growth, whilst the specific programme development objective (PDO) is to increase the incomes and enhance food security for 45,000 rural poor households engaged in the production, processing and marketing of rice and cassava in the targeted LGAs of the six targeted States are enhanced on a sustainable basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares account payable invoices, vouchers, petty cash payment and journals
- Preparing of final account and Bank Reconciliation for the programme;
- Maintains financial records for project accounts in HQ and States;
- Ensure accuracy of computations and completeness of payment request documents;
- Prepares regular reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) of the Finance Department:
- Assists finance experts and consultants engaged in special assignments
- Maintain good working relationship between the programme and commercial Banks serving the project;
- Prepare monthly payrolls and other allowances of staff of the programme.
- Maintain advances and assets register
- Participates in preparation of AWPB for the programme
- Supervise store operations;
- Serves as a regular link between finance component and M&E component.
- First Degree in Accountancy or related fields:
- Professional qualification in Accountancy
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification work experience;
- Familiarity with Accounting Softwares;
- Must be computer literate;
- Experience working with Donor Assisted Projects an advantage;
- Possession of professional qualifications an advantage
- Working experience with an International Donor organization will be an added advantage.
Conditions of Service
- Successful candidates will be engaged for a period of one year ONLY
- Candidates engagement is subject to renewal, which will be based on satisfactory performance upon evaluation and availability of funds.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials to:
FGN/IFAD-Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP) National Office,
No. 4 Batna Close,
Off Agadez Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
- Applicants should please indicate the position they are applying for at the top right hand corner of the envelope.
- The position is open to qualified persons including from the serving public Officers