MTN Nigeria is the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Position Title: Analyst, MFS & AML Compliance (Supervisory)
- Support the MTNN Compliance framework through gathering and analyzing data, anticipating risks and recommending solutions.
- Collaborate with relevant business units to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Finance Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business scorecard. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Serve internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Establish strategic partnerships with employees to drive awareness on expected behaviors and impact of non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, and report irregularities.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Maintain a compliance glossary of applicable laws and regulations governing Anti-Money Laundering and Mobile Financial Services and use this as the basis for monitoring and oversight activities.
- Review and analyze AML/CTF current trends and news to identify risks, policies, legislation or any issues associated with money laundering or other financial crimes.
- Contribute to the development of the AML/CTF Compliance testing strategy, methodology, framework, standards for conducting control testing, and for reporting results.
- Coordinate collation of information necessary for compliance audits performed by external auditors and ensure all compliance requests are met and completed in a timely manner.
- Follow through with relevant first line functions to ensure timely creation and revisions of internal controls related to AML.
- Maintain an AML/CTF compliance dashboard to assess effectiveness of AML/CTF risk management practices and controls.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Normal MTN Nigeria working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant numerate discipline
- AML/CFT Certification (Association of certified anti-money laundery specialist) will be an added plus.
- 3- 7years’ experience
Experience which includes:
- Proven experience as an AML/Fraud Analyst in the banking industry or within Mobile Financial Services preferably
- Working knowledge of AML/CTF and other compliance requirements, laws and rules in a Mobile Financial Services/banking, switching services or e-payment organisation
- Experience of local financial services regulatory landscape
- Experience and knowledge of Data Analysis in a risk management environment
- Good knowledge of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Mobile Money Guidelines and AML Regulations
- Familiarity with the FIU (Financial Intelligence Unit) directives /regulations.
- Good knowledge of AML tool RiskSecure or any other monitoring tool
- Experience working in a team and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and execute complex projects under pressure
- BA, BEd, B.Sc or HND.
Application Deadline: October 29, 2018