Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals. For over two decades, we have built a firm uniquely equipped to achieve these objectives and our reputation for quality research, investment expertise and value-added services has endeared us to clients both locally and internationally. Throughout our history, we have strategically positioned ourselves to take advantage of growth opportunities within Africa and major international markets on behalf of our clients.
Position Title: Applications Developer (ARM Securities)
The Officer shall be responsible for developing innovative technology solutions to support the Stockbroking business. This shall include managing existing applications and providing excellent technical support on all platforms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement new software programs
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with Management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database
- Test and maintain software products to ensure efficient functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Daily Monitoring of the ARMStocktrade Application
- Resolve all issues related to the ARM Stocktrade portal and Zanibal, as they occur
- Ensure Stability and efficiency of the ARMStocktrade portal
- Work on Enhancements and modifications as may be required for ARM Stocktrade
- Work closely with the IT and Zanibal Team on matters relating to ARMStocktrade
- Develop and monitor efficiency of other technology platform for the business
Competency and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 3+ years’ experience in web, software development and innovative applications
- Experience with .NET (C#), Java and PHP programming languages
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Experience in an Agile delivery environment, Cloud infrastructure environment and Postgres database
- Experience with integrating multiple payment gateways such as Webpay, PayDirect.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation
- Customer focus
- Good telephone manners
- First degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Capital market or Financial services experience
- A professional qualification and certification.
- Three (3) years experience in programming
Application Deadline: Not specified