The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) has been implementing the international Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)- assisted Value Chain Development Programme since 2014 in six (6) participating States of Anambra, Benue Ebonyi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba and in five (5) Local Government Areas each in all the States. In keeping with the provisions of the financing agreement between IFAD and Federal Ministry of Finance, the FMARD is implementation the programme through the national programme management unit.
Based on the progressive increase in workload of Staff and the need to further improve on Programme implementation, part of the credit will be applied to engage the services of an additional officer to enhance technical assistance at the state level.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Location: Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Niger, Ogun, Taraba
- The primary goal of VCDP is to reduce poverty and sustainably enhance accelerated economic growth, whilst the specific programme development objective (PDO) is to increase the incomes and enhance food security for 45,000 rural poor households engaged in the production, processing and marketing of rice and cassava in the targeted LGAs of the six targeted States are enhanced on a sustainable basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of all financial reports and their analysis (i.e. Budget vs Actual).
- Prepares salaries and allowances for staff;
- Maintenance of accounts relating to all advances to staff and others and their monitoring till retirement of the advances;
- Control over issue of requisitions for diesel for the office generator;
- Scrutinizing payment requests including TA advances/claims;
- Prepares routine correspondence and maintains personal and telephone contacts with others to discuss matters concerning accounts and related assignments;
- Carry out Bank transactions by submitting project bank schedules, correspondences, collecting bank statements, bank draft and FIRS payments for staff and contractors;
- Prepare payments for investors through Bank of Industry;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Responsible for preparation of payment vouchers, petty cash payments, journals, etc and shall be responsible for posting into general and other account ledgers at the national office;
- Relationship between project and its commercial banks;
- Responsible for preparing monthly payrolls and other allowances of programme staff
- Maintaining advances and asset registers and keep store account books to control to project store;
- Supervise the activities and operational ethics of the cashier;
- Facilitate preparation of SOE;
- Facilitate training of SPMU Accountants on application of accounting software and general
- accounting practices;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the financial controller.
- First Degree or HND in Accountancy or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification work experience:
- Must be computer literate;
- Experience working with Donor Assisted Projects an added advantage;
- Possession of professional qualifications an advantage
- Working experience with an International Donor organization will be an added advantage.
Conditions of Service
- Successful candidates will be engaged for a period of one year ONLY
- Candidates engagement is subject to renewal, which will be based on satisfactory performance upon evaluation and availability of funds.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials to:
FGN/IFAD-Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP) National Office,
No. 4 Batna Close,
Off Agadez Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
- Applicants should please indicate the position they are applying for at the top right hand corner of the envelope.
- The position is open to qualified persons including from the serving public Officers