Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Position Title: Audit Team Assistant – PAGL0
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001347
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department
- The Office of the Auditor General provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations. It also assists the Bank to accomplish its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- The Office of the Auditor General is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling a broad, comprehensive program of auditing and consulting/advisory services both internally and externally including, without limitation, all projects and programs of the Bank group.
- The audit team assistant role is sensitive and requires high confidentiality while handling the assignments. On many occasions, several assignments are performed at the same time because of the urgency or tight deadlines.
- The level of responsibility associated with the position, requires the Audit Team Assistant to provide assistance for a wide range of administrative and operational tasks. The job holder oversees the smooth operation of the entire department and division offices’ support work and related systems by assuming responsibility for the organisation and coordination of work flow as well as reviewing, processing and executing a variety of accounting and resource management transactions. The incumbent liaises with the Bank Group offices across Africa as well as with various services within the Bank’s headquarters and assure efficient communication and coordination of activities.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Auditor General, the main duties and responsibilities of the Audit Team Assistant are the following:
- Track and follow up on documents; deal with incoming email, and general mail.
- Ensure the translations of audit reports and transmit them to PSEG for Board distribution.
- Prepare minutes of meetings and briefs.
- Meetings – Organise multiple meetings, luncheons and events (training, etc) to ensure that responsible management are well prepared.
- Missions – create all travel missions and process expense reports in SAP. Arrange travel, visa and accommodation.
- Internal and general public enquiries / requests – screen telephone calls and requests, and handle them as appropriate; welcome and look after visitors; organize and maintain diaries and make appointments.
- Provide administrative assistance to staff members, the Auditor General, the 2 Division Managers and the auditors.
- Consolidate auditors’ timesheets.
- Provide general administrative support for the Department in respect of office accommodation, allocation of office furniture, equipment and supplies as allocated in the Department.
- Consultants – create purchase requisition and contract in SAP. Ensure timely payments to consultants.
- Provide technical support to auditors
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Administration, Commerce, or equivalent, supplemented by secretarial training, management administration, office management.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience (professionalism, organization, document review, coordination, confidentiality and discipline) in secretarial management / steering.
- Problem Solving: Shows concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of information; Demonstrates logical, systematic approaches to the identification of issues.
- Communication: Selects and uses appropriate communication methods to deliver various messages with tact and diplomacy, objectivity, due care and judgment, exhibits active listening and comprehension skills.
- Client Orientation: Takes reasonable risks in satisfying client requests; Remains professional and helpful with clients, and takes personal responsibility for resolving service problems.
- Team Working & Relationship Management: Establishes relationships at all levels across organization unit and creates a feeling of belonging to the team, gives and welcomes feedback.
- Operational Effectiveness: Develops plans that are comprehensive, realistic and effective in meeting goals and accepts responsibility for actions and results.
- Innovation & Creativity: Exhibits ability to readily learn and apply new processes and asks for new responsibility and assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of SAP;
Application Deadline: 18th November, 2018.