Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
Position Title: Business Analyst
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- As mid-level Business Analyst, you will be a dedicated resource of a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and as such will work directly in the SBU under the supervision of the Senior BA at the SBU or SBU management team (where no Senior BA is on this team). All assigned task from the Competence Center will be targeted at personal development (and occasionally to cover for shortfalls in capacity).
- You will be tasked with learning sector/industry specific skills while also perfecting skills around Business Analyst competence and knowledge areas through training and practical approach to learning – Working with Analysts at the SBU level and being mentored by them.
- The key feature of this level is that Business Analysts at this level can be rotated and reassigned to new sectors. The speed of taking on new sectors and projects is measured as a growth indicator. The more senior an analyst the less acclimatization time required (target is 2-3weeks).
- BA have 12- 24months to graduate out of this level and move towards sector specialization.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Stakeholder Management: demonstrate maturity in the management of executive stakeholders and clients always exceeding expectation set for continuous improvement.
- Discipline, drive, depth understanding of a sector: Team requires Self-development task to Publish at least three (3) White paper annually with a focus on a sector/technology/topic of relevance to VGG business focus. Emphasis on data collection, data analysis, and research.
- Quality of work done: work on projects and produce quality outputs for tasks required by the SBU, producing outputs in line with BA engagement model and standard. Follow through from resale through the SDLC in a mid to high valued and/or low to mid-Budget and Low to Mid Risk Projects or guided by a senior analyst, on High-risk projects.
- Contribution to VGG financial target Annually: Show significant Contribution to Revenue Generating projects valued at no less than NGN250,000,000.00 in a financial year.
- Capacity Building: Evident Improvement in soft skills and growth in competence and knowledge areas.
- Improved ability to identify Business Opportunities for VGG (resell and bespoke solutions).
- Proven quality of sales and technical Documentation, showing attention to details and clarity with a maximum of 2 reviews. With almost zero iteration required.
- Quality Management. Requirements Management, Software testing and User acceptance testing.
- Product Management
- Solution go-to-market strategy mapping.
- Relationship management and external stakeholder management.
- Business process modeling and improvement
Qualifications & Requirements
- Young, passionate and available to put in the long hours.
- B.Sc Certificate holder, Certification in a Business or Technology related course. (Computer Science background is an advantage), (a master’s degree in a relevant field is an advantage).
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a similar/relevant role from a reputable organization (Experience in Business Systems Analysis is an advantage).
- Shows Interest in business, management, and technology.
- Drives significant insight from information gathered on the VGG key sector happenings and market trends.
- Above average level proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft office application/tools (MS Office, Visio, Smart draw, prototyping tools) Added Advantage.
- Research, Financial analysis, Systems analysis, Business analysis, & Data analysis
- Project Management & Product Management
- Process mapping and Improvement
- The right level of attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills
- Good time management skill
- Communications skills
- Speedy learner
- Ability to lead small – midsized project teams (project value below NGN100million)
- Ability to utilize market analysis tools e.g. PESTLE, SWOT, PEST, BMC etc.
- Relationship management and stakeholder management
- Communication and presentation skills
- Willing, ready and able to learn new skills on the go
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven competence in key Business Analysis Knowledge Areas including:
- Client/Problem pre-sales analysis
- Research analysis
- Enterprise Analysis
- Solution go-to-market strategy mapping
- Requirements elicitation and lifecycle management
- Solution design management/conceptualization
- Solution Evaluation
- Solution Documentation management
- Organizational Strategy Analysis/mapping.
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Competitive based on experience.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.