The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) was founded in 2010 by Tony O. Elemelu, CON, an entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist who is passionate about Africa’s economic development.
Our long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent.
In 2015, TEF consolidated its various programmes and initiatives and made investing in Africa’s next generation of entrepreneurs and business leaders a priority. The future of the Tony Elumelu Foundation centers on the provision of structured, robust, and multifaceted support to entrepreneurs around Africa through the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme.
Position Title: Communications Executive
The Communications Executive will oversee the creation and implementation of organisational communications for products or services.
- Lead the content marketing strategy to devise appropriate content for each stakeholder within the Foundation and deliver content ahead of timelines
- Create engaging content for all our publications, features and digital communications including newsletters, website, collateral, etc.
- Generate ideas and leads for original content in diverse formats such as digital video content, interviews, features and news, as well as contributing to design concepts.
- Manage the vast media archive in the foundation, regularly ensuring that all lists are updated periodically
- Manage the vendor acquisition and payment process of the media unit as directed by the Communications Manager
- Commission articles for the digital platform for African entrepreneurs – TEFConnect, as well as the Africapitalist Magazine
- Edit and proofread all content for all print publications and digital communications.
- Support the Alumni Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to research and interview alumni and regularly update the database
- Co-create case studies with a focus on the philosophy of Africapitalism and the impact of the Foundation, as directed by the Team Lead
- Assist in the creation of multimedia resources such as video and photoshoots, by producing content plans and questions for interviews.
- Drive subscriber engagement and generate leads to increase the subscriber base of the Foundation across all stakeholder segments
- Work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues across the organisation on cross-team projects.
- Any other activities as directed by the Communications Manager or Head, MCC
- 3 – 5 years of experience
- BA or BSC in a relevant field
- Demonstration of 3 E’s. Excellence, Execution and Enterprise
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019.