United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Position Title: Compliance Officer
Reference No: #RMD007#
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Analytics, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate.
Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses. One Bank, One Culture, One People. We are a tribe, join us
- Monitor transactions according to Policy.
- Ensure transaction monitoring and enhanced due diligence on high risk and high profile accounts.
- Manage financial crime risks such as those posed by customers, products, counter-parties in transactions and the transactions themselves through transaction monitoring tools and escalating same where appropriate to the NFIU in form of Suspicious Transaction reports .
- Advisory support service in respect of all Compliance related queries.
- Assist in developing a Group wide compliance culture.
- Facilitate in Compliance training
- Assisting with the update and improvement of the transaction filtering process
- Investigate and clear transactions identified against specified watch lists
- Provide optimum support from a holistic compliance perspective in relation to allocated subsidiaries
- Assist with the implementation of the automated transaction monitoring tool.
- Business office Review
- Assist in responding to inquiries from correspondent banks
- Responding to FATCA related issues
- Ensuring the Bank is compliant with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- Minimum of 2 years post-NYSC experience
- Sound branch operations experience
- Bachelors degree in Humanities
- Masters Degree (desirable)
Application Deadline: 2nd August, 2018.