Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
Position Title: Contracting & Procurement Vendor Master Maintainer
Reference ID: 93080BR
Locations: Port Harcourt and Lagos
The purpose of the Vendor Registration Lead is to:
- Ensure that counterparties with which Shell will contract or engage have undergone appropriate due diligence screening within acceptable time limits and stakeholders adequately engaged and advised on outcomes and implication of outcomes.
- Ensure that vendors’ registration and management is performed according to approved procedures and that any non-compliance is reported.
- Ensure that the Vendor Management team is well managed, motivated and focused with full compliance to Shell General Business Principles, safety and ethics and compliance applicable to Vendor Registrations and Management.
- Collect, record and store documents and information that provide auditable evidence that suppliers to Shell are bona fide Companies.
- Act as first point of contact for vendors and supplier queries relating to Vendor Registration.
- Uploading Vendor master data to Shell’s Enterprise system (SAP) and Contract Management system
- The job location for this role applies to Port Harcourt and Lagos.
Position dimensions for Shell Companies in Nigeria are:
- IDD screening of an average of 2,000 counterparties annually
- Management of vendors
- Day to day management of the Port Harcourt Vendor Services offices and over-the-counter services Tuesdays and Thursdays (average 40 interactions).
- Ensuring that Shell Group screening for Integrity Due Diligence is conducted as part of vendor registration and system set up;
- Ensure all vendor related governance controls stipulated in the Contracting Code of Practice and other applicable policy and procedure documents are implemented and effective
- Ensure all approved directives on vendors such as suspension and de-registration are carried out promptly (in accordance with business and operational needs)
- Ensure quality of information and records keeping is up to date and accurate.
- Ensure accuracy of vendors’ data is reflected in the applicable Contract Management System and Enterprise software applications (SAP).
- Ensure that supporting documentation provided by vendors as part of their registration is credible, legitimate and comprehensively addresses Shell and Nigerian Statutory requirements for doing business.
- Ensure that electronic and hard copy documents are given the appropriate level of confidentiality and are handled in accordance with the Group Records Management Policy.
- Identify and implement ways to simplify and improve the vendor registration process.
- Develop staff such that they have the competence to perform their roles and feel motivated and empowered in their roles.
- Initiate Shell Group screening for Integrity Due Diligence as part of vendor registration and system set up
- The role must balance the tension between ensuring that good governance and all proper controls are complied with; against operational matters where time is of the essence and where commercial value is lost from delay.
- Vendors to Shell vary in sophistication and understanding of the requirements necessary to register as an approver supplier, in many instances information is incomplete or invalid and requires repeated follow up.
- The vendor management process is audited from time to time by both Shell Internal Auditors and external audit parties. Accurate and well organised records keeping is essential in order to respond in a timely manner.
- This is a public facing role which requires good interpersonal and communications skills.
- The role requires knowledge of the principles of ethical purchasing and should possess basic appreciation of the risks that arise from bribery and corruption, money laundering, trade controls, anti-competition and conflict of interest.
- A knowledge of the documentary evidence and information necessary for Company Incorporation within Nigeria.
- Managing confidential information, privacy laws and document storage and retention.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong academic background with Minimum of 3 – 5 years in purchasing, records management or similar type role.
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Basic negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with working with databases, MS Word, MS Excel – candidates with experience in SAP are highly desirable.
- High degree of organisational and administrative skill.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and courage to speak up.
Application Deadline: 24th November, 2018.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the six advertised finance and contracting & procurement roles. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant’s applications.
- Kindly note that all fields are mandatory in the online applications forms.